Scott Aerator Slinger De-Icer
- Quick Facts
- 5-year, unconditional warranty on motor.
- 400 gallons-per-minute flow rate.
- Oil-free, environmentally friendly motor means no oil leaks!
- Rugged, high-density polyurethane-and-stainless steel construction.
- Motor specs: 115-volt, 60 Hz, single phase, 10 amps, 680 watts. We also have 230-volt.
- 12-gauge, heavy-duty, 25-foot, submersible electric cord with Hubbell marine-grade plug included.
ProtoPond is proud to present the Scott Aerator Slinger De-Icer. The Scott Aerator Company focused its 45 years of experience to develop a reliable, durable and convenient solution to ice buildup around:
- dock pilings,
- boat houses,
- and any water-based dock structure.
The Scott Aerator Slinger De-Icer can be suspended from a boat, pilings or dock by using nylon ropes (included) to fasten. This de-icer removes and prevents ice by bringing warmer water from the bottom and sending it out in a continuous agitated movement. It easily adjusts to compensate for varying water levels, and its heavy-duty design holds up in fresh and salt waters. Made for use in hard-to-reach areas and rapidly changing conditions, it’s an economical solution to preventing ice formation in large marinas and dock areas.
Compare it to similar products and you’ll see why the Scott Aerator Slinger De-icer surpasses anything else on the market! Key differences include:
- The De-Icer is oil-free. Other de-icers require oil to be added and changed frequently. Oil-filled motors can allow disastrous oil leaks, and they run slowly in cold water. Our De-Icer is engineered for all water temperatures.
- The De-Icer runs at 3,450 rpm. Competitive de-icers, even those with 1-hp motors, run at fewer than 2,000 rpm. This means the Scott Aerator De-Icer moves 400 gallons per minute compared to the competitors’ 180 gallons per minute.
- The De-Icer is manufactured using American-made stainless steel, even the motor. The competition utilizes galvanized metal.
- The De-Icer comes standard with an unconditional, 5-year motor warranty. Competitve models warrant their de-icers for just two years.
GFCI required. Please disconnect power when swimmers are present. Greater cord lengths are available.