Dock Mount De-Icer by Scott Aerator
- Free Replacement Parts
- Under extreme, below zero winter conditions, the 1/2HP De-Icer will keep a minimum 50 foot diameter area ice free, and up to 70 feet using the 1HP model.
- 5-year, unconditional warranty on motor.
- ½ hp motor is rated at 400 gallons-per-minute flow rate.
- ¾ hp motor is rated at 450 gallons-per-minute flow rate.
- 1 hp motor is rated at 500 gallons-per-minute flow rate.
- Runs at a constant 3,450 RPM's, 48 pounds of thrust achieved with the ½ hp motor.
- 12-gauge, submersible, 25-foot power cord with rugged Hubbell marine style plug included.
- 7 feet in length, 55 pounds.
- Maintenance-free, environmentally friendly motors.
- ½ hp motor runs at 115 volts 10 amps, 680 watts.
- ¾ hp motor runs at 10.5 amps, 875 watts.
- 1 hp motor runs at 11.5 amps, 1095 watts.
- Rugged, high-density polyurethane-and-stainless steel construction.
- The De-Icer is engineered for all water temperatures.
- The De-Icer runs at 3450 rpm. Competitive de-icers, even those with 1-hp motors, run at fewer than 2000 rpm. This means the Scott De-Icer moves 400 gallons per minute compared to the competitors' 180 gallons per minute.
- The De-Icer is manufactured using American-made stainless steel, even the motor. The competition utilizes galvanized metal.
- The De-Icer comes standard with an unconditional, 5-year motor warranty. Competitve models warrant their de-icers for just two years.
- GFCI required. Please disconnect power when swimmers are present. Greater cord lengths are available.
Ice build-up in winter can cause lots of problems for boats, dock pilings, and boathouses as well as for fish and wildlife ponds. The Scott Aerator Company focused its 45 years of experience to develop superior de-icers that are efficient, reliable and extremely durable in keeping surface areas free of damaging ice.
A heavy-duty, stainless steel dock plate, pipe, and yoke assembly suspend the Scott Aerator Dock Mount De-Icer under the water’s surface. It mounts quickly and easily to almost any type of dock, and can easily be adjusted to accommodate different water levels. The Dock Mount De-Icer keeps ice from forming by bringing warmer water from the bottom and sending it out in a continuous agitated movement. This helps prevent dock pilings from being jacked, or lifted, by acting as a buffer to prevent ice expansion and pressure damage. Under extreme, below zero winter conditions, our 1/2HP De-Icer will keep a minimum 50 foot diameter area ice free, and up to 70 feet using the 1HP model.
Where permanent structure is not available, the free-standing post add-on offers excellent flexibility for placement. Includes a sturdy, 8-foot post and the dock post bracket.
The fully programmable oscillator attachment helps keep larger areas free from ice build-up without the need to purchase a second de-icer. The oscillator turns the de-icer in its mounting. It's pre-programmed to rotate in 20-degree increments every 20 minutes. You set it for any radius you wish. Then plug it in and forget about it! The oscillator attachment can be added at purchase or later after installation.
UPC# 655003856460Proudly made in the USA.
- FREE FedEx and UPS GROUND SHIPPING (4-5 DAYS)
- Ships to: USA (Lower 48 states)
- PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT SHIP TO ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THE CONTINENTAL 48 UNITED STATES
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Order Tracking
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, lead times may be longer than normal. Reach out to our team with any questions.
It looks as though we achieved our goal but I had no idea it would open up a 100-yard hole in the ice. It must be because we are pumping water up from four feet below surface. Therefore warmer water that melts a bigger area in the ice. I think it is safe to say we can leave our main pier in the water next winter. And that we need only one no-icer
It's simple! When you order an item from ProtoPond, you unlock free lifetime replacement parts for that item. Whether it's a fountain, aerator, circulator, filtration system, etc., we offer lifetime-guaranteed free replacement parts! If you are a past customer of ours and need to order a replacement part, simply call our office at (515) 635-3182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will assist you with your FREE replacement part.