Power House Ice Eater® 3/4 HP Dock De-Icer
- Quick Facts
- Open diameter: 60’
- 32 lbs of thrust
- 3/4-HP Energy efficient, made in the USA, motor
- 115 or 230 volt
- 6.3/2.35 amps
- Single phase
- 50/60 cycle.
- Dimensions: 15 x 15 x 17 in
- Motor housing can is constructed of 16 guage 304 stainless steel and bronze endbell for corrosion free operation in fresh and salt water. Motor exceeds NEMA specifications and is UL and CSA compliant and C.E. certified.
- Motor shafts is 316 stainless steel, the best material for salt water application.
- Permanent split capacitor ensures quick high torque and smooth operation, while producing the highest efficiency of a single phase induction motor. Motor and capacitor are matched for ultimate performance.
- Internal, heavy-duty, hard-faced mechanical seal with stainless components immersed in dialectic lubricating fluid. Additional double lip shaft seal for extra protection.
- Stator motor windings have double impregnation of baked insulating varnish.
- Two heavy-duty ball bearings provide support for the rotor while being cooled with dielectric fluid.
- Propeller is custom designed for maximum thrust and performance. Propeller screws on shaft for easy removal and replacement.
- Water and oil resistant cord with three prong molded plug standard. SJTOW wire; UL & CSA approved - underwater rated.
- 3-wire cable potted quick disconnect 115V NEMA 5-15P plug | 230V NEMA6-15P plug; available in 50’ increments to 400’ (200’ - 400' available in 230 volt only).
- Heavy-duty PVC custom brackets that attach motor to shroud. Only stainless bolts and locking aircraft nuts are used.
- Performance certified tested at Bearon facility for proper output and leaks before shipment.
- Comes complete with sacrificial custom designed aluminum alloy anode. Just open the box, remove, and install.
- Optional thermostat custom design turns Ice Eater on when needed. Ideal for unattended application.
- 3-YEAR WARRANTY
The Ice Eater, the original De-Icer, is the leader in quality, durability, and performance. It is designed to prevent ice from forming around boats, marinas, docks, and piers as well as effectively melting existing ice by breaking the surface with a continuous current of warmer bottom water.
How it works
The Ice Eater’s propeller draws up warmer subsurface water and deflects it to the surface creating a constant circulation of warmer water that prevents ice formation and melts existing ice.
The design of the Ice Eater’s venturi shroud (white housing) with outwardly flared ends, provides more upward thrust & draws warmer water from greater depths than other conventional de-icers.
Why buy the original de-icer?
Ice Eater is shipped complete with suspension lines and shackles. Therefore, it can be taken out of the box, hung from a boat, dock, or pier and plugged in.
- Unlike Other De-Icers, the Ice Eater Does Not Require Additional Hardware in Order to Obtain the Desired De-Icing Pattern.
- Patented Heavy-Duty PVC Venturi Housing is Designed for Superior Water Flow and Protection of the Motor and Propeller
- Custom Designed and Engineered for Maximum Efficiency and Performance in All Climates.
- Agitates More Fresh-Water & Salt-Water Than Any Other De-Icer on the Market.
- Bronze End-Bell Ensures a Long Life Without Cracking or Warping.
- Environmentally Friendly Dielectric Lubricating Fluid is Non-Toxic and Biodegradable.
- Best Warranty in the Industry! 3-Year Warranty
- FREE FedEx, UPS and LTL GROUND SHIPPING (2-4 BUSINESS DAYS)
- PLEASE NOTE: This does not include lead time. Lead time spikes in the summer, and the estimated delivery date at the top of the product page takes this into account.
- Ships to: USA (Lower 48 states)
- PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT SHIP TO ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THE CONTINENTAL 48 UNITED STATES
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Order Tracking